Fall River Health Services Continues to Take COVID-19 Precautions
Fall River Health Services continues their efforts to address COVID-19 concerns and has the best interest of their community at heart. Today, March 31, 2020, for the safety of all of our patients and staff, everyone will be screened as they enter our campus.
• It is still highly recommended that if you are wondering if you should be screened for COVID-19, or if you are unsure whether you should come to the clinic for evaluation of any concerns, please call FRHS Rural Health Clinic at 745.8928 in advance.
• Starting today, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, all patients will be screened in their vehicles as they enter the FRHS campus. Once screened, patients will be directed to where they will be either checked in or evaluated by our skilled nurse triage team. Medical tents will be set up for nursing staff to do a more in-depth assessment and the providers may be able to treat you outside of the facility. We are doing our best to prevent COVID-19 from entering FRHS. If a patient requires treatment within the facility, FRHS will take full precautions to keep staff and patients safe.
• Fall River Health Services asks that you prepare to answer the following questions when calling for an appointment or entering the facility campus:
FRHS asks their patients to please be honest when answering these questions. How you answer them will not impede your care, but rather allow you to be seen in the most appropriate place to keep you and our staff safe.
1. Have you, or anyone in your household, been in direct contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19? If so, when?
2. Have you, or anyone in your household, traveled outside of a 150 mile radius of Hot Springs within the last 14 days? If yes, where?
3. Are you a resident of Fall River County? If not, where are you from?
4. Are you currently having the following symptoms? Did they start within the last 14 days?
Shortness of breath
• Currently there are no disruption for scheduled appointments. Please plan on arriving early to allow time to go through our screening processes.
• Fall River Health Services reminds you that the Emergency Room is not for COVID-19 testing or advice; please call FRHS Rural Clinic at 745.8928 for these needs. It's important that our Emergency Department team is available for patients with emergency symptoms.
• FRHS continues its facility-wide visitor restriction policy to protect our patients, residents and staff.
• Fall River Health Services asks that you to continue social distancing. To help minimize the spread of COVID-19, please stay at home when possible and do not congregate in areas or groups that are more than 10 people.
Tune in Monday, Wednesday & Friday each week for COVID-19 Talk with FRHS skilled providers on Hot Springs, KZMX, 96.7FM. We ask that you continue to wash your hands, practice smart social distancing, and covering your coughs and sneezes. "We stay here for you, please stay home for us," FRHS staff. Visit www.cdc.gov or Covid.sd.gov for further information.